Check Out My Etsy Shop...

Wednesday 23 January 2013

I love circles...

Hy visual studies tutor asked me an interesting question today. He said "why is it that you always use circles in your work.?" I just looked at him with a blank face. I couldn't answer him because I don't know why. All I know is that I love circles. They are my thing!
So I thought I should do some research into the meaning of "the circle" 

CIRCLE (sun disc, sacred hoop, ring): An ancient and universal symbol of unity, wholeness, infinity, the goddess, female power, and the sun. To earth-centered religions throughout history as well as to many contemporary pagans, it represents the feminine spirit or force, the cosmos or a spiritualized Mother Earth, and a sacred space. (See next item) Gnostic traditions linked the unbroken circle to the "world serpent" forming a circle as it eats its own tail.

  • Inclusion
  • Wholeness
  • Focus
  • Unity
  • Nurturing
  • Cycles
  • Initiation
  • Everything
  • Perfection
  • Womb
  • Centering
  • Revolution
  • Infinity
  • Mobility
  • Completion
The circle symbol meaning is universal, sacred and divine. It represents the infinite nature of energy, and the inclusivity of the universe.

COOL!
oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment